Well, it’s that time of the year again. Yep, winter. And with cooler weather arriving, populations of pests that are normally active in the spring and summer tend to decrease. But don’t be fooled. These pests haven’t disappeared. They only have relocated temporarily. Most likely they relocated to your home or business to ride out the winter weather. Oddly, winter is when most home and business owners believe they no longer need pest control services only to be surprised later when they discover a rodent or other pest has entered.
Rodents, spiders, cockroaches, ants and numerous other pests will make it their goal to find shelter inside your home or business this winter. Don’t let them catch you off guard. Take a moment to review our 8-point winter checklist.
- Foundation: Mice can enter your home or business through a dime-size opening. Sealing and securing any small openings can help prevent mice from getting in. They’re small and nimble.
- Roof: Replace or repair missing shingles and roof damage to prevent rats, mice and other pests from gaining access to your home or business.
- Vegetation: Trim back bushes or branches that are close to your home. Rats and mice can easily scale these to gain access to your attic.
- Screens: Repair holes or tears in window, door, and porch screens to eliminate easy entry points for smaller pests.
- Vents: Check vent covers, ensuring they are intact to prevent any pest entry.
- Outside: Eliminate any trash or yard debris, including wood piles that can provide shelter and hiding places for pests.
- Gutters: Remove any debris from gutters and downspouts to avoid standing water, a breeding ground for mosquitoes.
- Garage: A properly sealed garage will keep rodents, insects, and spiders outside.
If after reviewing our 8-point checklist, you discover areas of your home or business needing repair, or more specifically, areas showing definite pest activity, The Bug Man can help. We offer preventative treatments and a thorough inspection of your home or business that will address seasonal pests and reduce the likelihood of pests entering, especially those that are active during the winter. Call The Bug Man today to set up a free consultation.