As the leaves change color and the air gets a bit crisper, fall is a magical time in Louisiana. But, it’s also the season when some unwanted visitors may decide to make your home their own. Nuisance pests and wildlife can become a hassle during this time, and it’s important to know how to deal with them.
Squirrels are adorable when they’re playing in the trees, but they can become a real nuisance when they find their way into your attic. In the fall, they’re busy gathering food for the winter, and your home may seem like a cozy hideaway.
Raccoons are known troublemakers, and they love rummaging through trash cans. During the fall, they’re on the lookout for food, and your garbage cans might be their first stop.
Mice are small but can cause big problems. They can squeeze through tiny openings and make a mess in your kitchen. In the fall, they’re seeking warmth and shelter just like us.
Spiders and insects often find their way indoors when the temperatures drop. While most are harmless, some can be a bit scary to encounter in your home.
So, how can you deal with these unwanted guests?
- Seal any cracks or openings in your home’s foundation, walls, and roof. The Bug Man has decades of expertise in exclusion – we find every crack, nook and cranny and seal them up so these unwanted friends can’t re-enter the home.
- Keep your trash cans securely closed to deter raccoons.
- Store food in airtight containers to discourage mice.
- Keep your home clean and clutter-free to make it less appealing to pests.
- If you find wildlife in your home, it’s best to contact a professional wildlife removal service to ensure they are safely and humanely relocated.
- The Bug Man’s technicians are licensed to trap and/or remove animals such as raccoons, squirrels, possums, snakes, birds, bats, moles, beaver, nutria, foxes, etc from a dwelling.
- We have many different methods and resources available to control nuisance animal infestations such as trapping, removal, chemical deterrence and sound devices while also offering odor control for unwanted animal scent at a property.
- Always exercise caution when dealing with wildlife. Even cute animals like squirrels can become aggressive if they feel threatened.
- Wear gloves and use appropriate tools when removing pests.
While fall in Louisiana is a beautiful time, it’s important to be prepared for nuisance pests and wildlife looking for shelter and food. By taking preventive measures and seeking professional help when needed, you can ensure a pest-free and comfortable home during this lovely season.